- Alia Martin is the director of the Infant and Child Cognition Lab and lecturer in Psychology at Victoria University of Wellington. Dr. Martin received her PhD in developmental psychology from Yale University, and her research focuses on how infants and children understand and learn about the social world. Outside the lab and the classroom, she enjoys travelling, reading, exercising, and discovering new restaurants.
- Mary Beth Neff completed her Graduate Diploma in Science (Psychology) after previously receiving her Master of Peace and Conflict Research at the University of Basel, Switzerland. She aspires to pursue a PhD in Psychology and in her free time she enjoys hiking with her Bernese Mountain dog, Fela.
- Claudie Peloquin completed her Bachelor of Science in Psychology at Québec University of Montreal, Canada in 2015. She recently moved to New Zealand to earn her PhD under the supervision of Dr. Jason Low and Dr. Alia Martin at VUW. Her research focuses on children’s Theory of Mind and perspective taking abilities. In her free time, she enjoys exploring the outdoors, travelling, and skiing!
- Laura Anderson is planning to pursue a BSc with Honours in Psychology in 2017 after completing an Undergraduate degree at Victoria University. She loves working with children and hopes to work in the field when her studies are completed. In her free time, she loves to play music, volleyball, and read.
RESEARCH PROJECT STUDENTS
- Ashleigh Dixon is currently working towards her BSc majoring in Psychology and Theatre. In the future, she is considering pursuing postgraduate study, in either psychology or theatre. One day she hopes to work in a job that allows her to incorporate both of her majors and involves working with children. In her spare time, Ashleigh enjoys reading, acting, and watching movies, preferably anything related to Disney or Harry Potter.
- Michaela Dresel is currently working on her BA, majoring in Psychology, with minors in Theatre and New Zealand Sign Language. Her current goal after graduating is to continue with postgraduate work in developmental psychology, with a particular focus on children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. In her spare time, she enjoys writing and performing poetry, baking, watching Disney movies, and reading.
- Petra Bolitho is currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology at Victoria University, after which she intends to continue on to further study in psychology. In her free time, she enjoys laughing, dancing badly while cooking dinner, hiking, and reading.
- Sherlyn Singh has completed a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychology and is currently working towards a Graduate Diploma. She intends on pursuing post-graduate study in Psychology with the ultimate goal of a later career in Child Psychology. In her spare time, she enjoys creative writing, reading crime/mystery novels, crafts and watching psychological thrillers.
- Ella Macaskill is currently in her second year of study, pursuing a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychology and Education. Her future aspirations include gaining a PhD and entering clinical practice, specialising in child psychopathology. Ella is particularly interested in youth mental wellbeing and special education. In her free time, she enjoys playing the guitar, singing, and reading while drinking too much coffee.
- Laura Goulden will be entering her second year of study in 2018, completing a Bachelor of Science majoring in Psychology. She intends to pursue postgraduate studies and eventually enter clinical practice. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, playing badminton, and travelling.
- Lauren Clark is currently studying towards a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychology, with a minor in Spanish. In the future, she aims to become a clinical psychologist, with a focus on children and adolescents. In her spare time, she loves to sing, bake, read, run, hike, and play football.